For a comprehensive statement of what we believe the Scriptures to teach see:
Summary of Beliefs
- We believe the Scriptures to be the infallible and inerrant word of God; the only rule for faith and life.
- We believe there is only one living and true God who exists as three persons in the Godhead: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. These three are one God, the same in substance, equal in power and glory.
- We believe that God created man in His image: in holiness, righteousness and knowledge. But man disobeyed God and fell from a condition of perfect blessedness into an existence of misery and death.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, came to redeem the lost who the Father gave Him, by his perfect obedience, death on the Cross, resurrection from the dead and continual intercession at the right hand of the Father.
- We believe the redeeming work of Jesus Christ is applied by the Holy Spirit to the elect in their calling, justification, adoption, sanctification and glorification.
- We believe the church is to proclaim the gospel to all nations and to equip and build up the saints in their sanctification.
- We believe that the public and private worship of God is fundamental to the life of the believer and growth in grace.
- Our worship service is based on the Scriptural practices of worship which includes the reading and preaching of the Word, singing of the Psalms, prayer and the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and Baptism.
- We follow the Presbyterian form of church government as outlined by the Scriptures.